September | The World From the View of Two Teenage Girls: September

Thursday, October 3, 2013

September

New here?
Follow on Bloglovin

Happy Thursday guys!  I can't believe it's already October.  But I also can't believe it is only Thursday!  I just need it to be Friday already.  Is that too much to ask?

September was an okay month for me.  I'm glad it's over though.  I'm definitely ready for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.  Plus pumpkin shakes from Culvers?  Yes please!

In September I. . .

Hosted a huge dock party.  This is an annual party the dock has, but the responsibility was passed on to me. It went very well, but less than a week before I had only heard back from 2 people.  I was crazy stressed out- to say the least!

Started school again!  This one was a biggie.  I started doing online school last year because the year prior to that I had nothing but A+'s on my report card and I was bored out of my mind in class.  Picture this- we had 1.5 hour blocks and I would get done in 30 minutes.  My teacher then let me sit in the hallway and read because they had nothing else for me to do.  Crazy right?  The online school is way better in that when I'm done, I can keep working ahead if I want to.  I don't have to wait for the other students to understand a concept if I already do.  On the flip side, if I'm struggling with something I can spend a little more time on it and teachers have more time to help me individually.  School is going pretty well so far this year.  I'm not getting up til 8-8:30ish and ohmygoodness it is amazing.  I don't really sleep much, but being able to just lay in bed and read for a while is so nice.

Dance started too.  This year, I'm taking 10.75 hours of dance!  That's quite a bit in my opinion, but I really, really love it.  I do wish I could take more, but I think I need the down time sometimes still!

Had BTI auditions.  (I made it (again))  Last year, our performance was the Wizard of Oz.  I was a poppy (en pointe more on that here) and a flying monkey.  This year our show is going to be Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.  It is  brand new (to the company) show and it will be completely choreographed by our artistic director.  The con?  We don't get to find out our parts UNTIL NOVEMBER.  I'm dying in anticipation.

Went sailing for the first time (ever).  We own a large power boat and we have many friend who have sailboats, but I'd never been out.  Sadly there was little wind so we kind of motor sailed so we were doing 5 nm instead of 2 nm.  It was super fun and really relaxing.  It was nice to be able to hear each other when you're talking!  I still like being able to cross the lake in 4 hours (instead of 10) though.

Drank 8 large glasses of water in 45 minutes one night at dinner.  Probably one of the worst decisions I've made, but I don't regret it!

Helped make dog toys for a family friend.  They're selling them to raise money so they can afford a service dog for their daughter!

Did a clean double pirouette en pointe.  Not very impressive, but I was amazed.

Went from wearing short-shorts and a tank top to sweatpants and a sweatshirt in the same day :c.

September is a lovely month, but October is definitely my favorite.  I'm looking forward to Halloween and holiday themed everything.  The leaves are just starting to change, too.  It's really pretty here.

I love the weather this time of year too, but it also means pulling the boat out of the water.  I'm not a huge fan of boating, but I do enjoy living out there in the summer because it is so quaint during the week, but super fun on the weekends with everyone here.

Hopefully October will be as good if not better than September this year!

-Cassi

There will probably be some Halloween nail tutorials coming up soon, but in the mean time, check out some of mine from last year and feel free to let us know if you have a request or an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment