Meet Kate of Clover & Dot | The World From the View of Two Teenage Girls: Meet Kate of Clover & Dot

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Meet Kate of Clover & Dot

New here?  Follow us on Bloglovin'!

I recently found Kate's blog via Pinterest.  I'm so glad I did because it's great & she is really nice!  Today, I thought I'd let you learn a little more about her and her blog, Clover and Dot.

Cassi & Katie: What's your name?
Kate: Kate.

C & K: How old do you feel?
K: I'm 14, but sometimes I feel a little older or a little younger. So I guess I feel as old as I am most of the time.

C & K: Describe yourself in 5 words.
K: Creative, Independent, Lazy (sometimes... okay a lot of the time ;)), Imaginative, Talkative.

C & K: When did you start your blog?
K: I started my blog last month, on February 11th. But this is actually my second blog... I started over fresh and determined!

C & K: Why did you start blogging?
K: I began reading blogs that I saw on Pinterest, specifically See Kate Sew, and started daydreaming about my own blog and being featured in magazines. It started out kind of bumpy, but I learned a LOT in the first year. That experience has really helped me with this blog.

C & K: Is there a story behind your blog name?
K: Clover and Dot is just something I came up with. I had a really hard time coming up with a good name that wasn't already taken! I had a huge list of words that I liked, and 'clover' and 'dot' were both on there. So I just combined them and thankfully the domain wasn't taken!

C & K: What are some of the blogs you read every day?
K: A Beautiful Mess, A Little Birdy, Emily Jane, Miss Zali, Vintage Revivals, Scathingly Brilliant, and Skunkboy. I have a lot of favorite blogs! I check them each around twice a day (ridiculous, I know!).

C & K: What would be your dream job?
K: My dream job would be what I'm doing now, which is graphic designing and blogging, but with photography on the side. Being a magazine editor would be fun, too. My sister and I might start a magazine someday.

C & K: Do you have a blogging "playlist"?  What's on it?
K: I don't usually listen to music when I'm blogging, and if I do it's the radio! My favorite station is KEZ.

C & K: What inspires your blog posts?
K: Sometimes DIY and tip ideas just hit me, and then I write them down or save them on my phone so I don't forget! Or sometimes I'll be shopping and see something that I like, then I take the idea and make my own. I also like to browse dollar stores or home improvement stores like Lowes and imagine ways to upcycle their products.


♥ Cassi & Katie ♥ 

Did you link up your 5 Little Grins for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment