Meet Raewyn! | The World From the View of Two Teenage Girls: Meet Raewyn!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Meet Raewyn!


Today, you get to meet Raewyn from Be a Warrior Queen!  Hopefully you already know a little bit about her since she co-hosts 5 Little Grins with me.  Here's some more about her!


What's your name? 
Raewyn Smith

How old do you feel
Very happy with my life, motivated and excited. 

When did you start your blog?
June 2009

Why did you start blogging?
I used to blog as a teenager back in the Xanga days about my every day life. I was one of the "alternative" kids and that was one of the things we all did to communicate. I've always been super into computers and writing so it just made sense for me. When my Xanga fell on the wayside and I was really thinking about getting my magazine started, my dad suggested I start a blog for it. I didn't really get into posting regularly until this past year. I always felt like no one was reading, after getting into the Carabox Exchange and meeting other bloggers, I became hooked all over again! 

Is there a story behind your blog name?
One day in high school my best friend said "We are going to be Warrior Queens." She had just finished reading some self-help style books on dating and remaining independent while dating and it just stuck after that. We realized that it meant more than just in relationships, but in all of your life - being yourself.

What are some of the blogs you read every day?
Yours! Color Me Brave, By the Porchlight and Love is the Point. I try to read them every day, but I usually have to bunch it up. lol  

What's your current job & what would be your dream job?
Currently - and for the first time in a long time I can say I only have one job - I am a computer lab teacher! I LOVE IT. My dream job would be to start my own magazine (Warrior Queen). :)

What do you look forward to most about the holiday season?
All of the time I get to spend with my family. When I work more than one job, I don't get to see them too often. During the holidays I see them more ON the holidays and prepping for the holidays. In a couple of weeks we are making tamales at my aunt's house. I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment