Perfect Ruin: Book Review | The World From the View of Two Teenage Girls: Perfect Ruin: Book Review

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Perfect Ruin: Book Review


New here?  Follow us on Bloglovin'!
I haven't read that much so far this year.  Practically nothing, actually.  Most of what I've been reading was for BOB.

Perfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles, #1)
From GoodReads
This past week I did actually get some reading done.  A while ago, Bridget had suggested I read Perfect Ruin.  I reserved it at the library and it had finally come in last Tuesday.

When I started it, I found I wasn't able to put it down!  I'm a huge fan of dystopian future fiction books.  Things like Fahrenheit 451, the Giver, Legend, Partials, and The Lunar Chronicles.  (All of which I strongly suggest)

Perfect Ruin is about Morgan Stockhour, a citizen on the floating city of Internment.  She knows getting too close to the edge can lead to madness, just like her older brother.  Her best friend, Pen, and betrothed, Basil, help her keep her feet on the ground, or as close to the ground as you can get when you like on a floating rock.

When she starts to investigate the first murder of her generation, she befriends the main suspect and believes him to be innocent.  Morgan winds up learning more about her leaders than she'd thought possible.  Nothing can prepare her for what she learns and who she will lose.

-Cassi

No comments:

Post a Comment