10 Things I Should Have Told Myself When I Started Blogging | The World From the View of Two Teenage Girls: 10 Things I Should Have Told Myself When I Started Blogging

Monday, October 6, 2014

10 Things I Should Have Told Myself When I Started Blogging

New here?  Follow us on Bloglovin'!
Oh gosh.  If you have read any of our posts from 2012, you probably know there was a lot I should have told myself.

1. Is this an image you think would properly represent your blog?  If not RETAKE IT so it isn't as blurry.

2. SOCIAL MEDIA!  You can't expect people to just show up if you aren't promoting posts on twitter and the like.

3. Don't expect companies to fall at your feet offering you products when you get 15 views a day.  It's just not going to happen.

4. Don't expect to get a stable income from AdSense.  Yeah, also not happening.

5. Ask would you take time out of your day to read this?  If not don't share it.

6. Before hitting publish, take out one smiley face.  Trust me on this one.

7. Size pictures consistently and don't try doing wrap text.  It just looks stupid.

8. Don't do so many giveaways that are irrelevant to the blog's topic.  100's of followers do you know good if they don't care about your content and won't read.

9. Can you see what's going on in the picture?  Maybe add some light.

10. Don't post just to post.


Helene in Between Blogtober

No comments:

Post a Comment